Monday 9 April 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Arizin and Virginia Gibson.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1928 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Paul Arizin: American athlete, played pro basketball for 10 seasons beginning in 1950.
- Virginia Gibson
- Philippe Dussart
- Brian Cubbon: British senior civil servant.
- Aubrey Woods: English actor and singer (d. 2013).
- Floyd D Spence American politician (Representative-Republican-South Carolina: 1971-).
- Tom Lehrer: American singer-songwriter pianist and mathematician.
- Top-Oss soccer team forms in Oss
- Turkey passes separation of church and state.