Thursday 26 April 1928US date format: 4/26/1928, UK date format: 26/4/1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 26, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon Downey .
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1928 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Gordon Downey: British Comptroller General/Reader Representative (Independent).
- Los Angeles City Hall dedicated.