Sunday 15 April 1928US date format: 4/15/1928, UK date format: 15/4/1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 15, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norma Merrick Sklarek and Richard Evans.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1928 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Norma Merrick Sklarek: 1st black woman architect in New York and California.
- Richard Evans: British diplomat.
- Jean-Louis Mandinaud: French freemason, who served as grand master of the 'Grande Loge de France' (1993-1995).
- Auguste Ambert: France sport Champion.