Monday 2 April 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 2, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Gainsbourg and Alain Vanzo.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 April 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1928 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Serge Gainsbourg: French singer, an international sex symbol who gained fame in England with his hit record "Je T'Aime," performed with Jane Birkin.
- Alain Vanzo
- Joseph Bernardin: American Roman Catholic Cardinal whose style was pastoral, not imperial.
- Prof David Robinson: Irish horticulturist (d. 2004).
- Wolfgang Arming: Austrian business executive and entrepreneur who is the head of Polydor and Polygram records.
- Sergio Milan: Italian boxer, a lightweight pro between 1950-1963.
- Joseph "Cardinal": Bernardin [of Chicago].
- Roy Masters: English-American radio host.
- David Robinson: Irish horticulturist and academic (d. 2004).
- Paul Jalabert: Italy sport Champion.
- Rita Gam: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Distortions, Hannibal, Sierra Baron).
- Rita Gam in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Distortions, Hannibal, Sierra Baron, Mohawk).
- Theodore Richards: The first American scientist to receive the Nobel Prize in Chemistry, earning the award "in recognition of his exact determinations of the atomic weights of a large number of the chemical elements.