Wednesday 28 August 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 28, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Léotard and Roger Pingeon.
The Westerner, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1940 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Philippe Léotard: French actor, poet, and singer.
- Roger Pingeon: French professional road cyclist racer (1964-74), the unexpected winner of the 1967 Tour de France.
- Nik Turner: English musician (Hawkwind).
- Jean-Charles Sacotte: French judge, who served as president of the Court of Appeal and as Technical and Government Advisor for Finance and Economy in the delegation of Monaco to the United Nations Human Rights Committee.
- William S. Cohen: Politician.
- Ken Jenkins: American actor.
- Gloria Leonard: American porn actress and publisher (d. 2014).
- William Cohen: American lawyer and politician 20th United States Secretary of Defense.
- William S Cohen: (Sen-R-Maine, 1979- ).
- French colonies Cameroon / Congo-Brazzaville support General De Gaulle