Wednesday 28 August 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Léotard and Roger Pingeon.
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1940 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Philippe Léotard: French actor, poet, and singer.
- Roger Pingeon: French professional road cyclist racer (1964-74), the unexpected winner of the 1967 Tour de France.
- Nik Turner: English musician (Hawkwind).
- Jean-Charles Sacotte: French judge, who served as president of the Court of Appeal and as Technical and Government Advisor for Finance and Economy in the delegation of Monaco to the United Nations Human Rights Committee.
- William Cohen: American lawyer and politician 20th United States Secretary of Defense.
- Ken Jenkins: American actor.
- Gloria Leonard: American porn actress and publisher (d. 2014).
- William S Cohen: (Sen-R-Maine, 1979- ).
- French colonies Cameroon / Congo-Brazzaville support General De Gaulle
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?