Saturday 28 December 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edgar Winter in Beaumont and Jean-Paul Favand.
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Melody Bar Ranch.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1946 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Edgar Winter in Beaumont: Texas, USA; rocker ("They Only Come Out at Night", "Frankenstein").
- Jean-Paul Favand: French actor and antiques dealer, who created 'The Musée des Arts Forains - Collection Jean-Paul Favand,' a private museum of funfair objects located in Paris.
- Bill Lee: American former Major League Baseball pitcher, nicknamed Spaceman.
- Edgar Winter: American musician, a keyboards and alto sax player who focused his career on jazz and rock.
- Mike Beebe: American lawyer and politician 45th Governor of Arkansas.
- Pierre Falardeau: Canadian director screenwriter and activist (d. 2009)
- Tim Johnson: American politician, senior senator from South Dakota
- Barbara : Lady Judge American-English lawyer and businesswoman
- Carrie Jacobs Bond: American composer (I Love You Truly), dies at age 85.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?