Tuesday 28 April 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sarimah (actress) and Claude Hoarau.
The Panther's Claw, directed by William Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1942 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Sarimah (actress)
- Claude Hoarau
- Ruth Glick: Writer.
- Ghislaine Hermanez: Architect.
- Mike Brearley: English cricketer and psychoanalyst.
- WW II titled so, as result of Gallup Poll
- Nightly dim-out begins along East Coast
- Nightly "dim-out" begins along the US East Coast.
- "World War II" titled so, as result of Gallup Poll.