Wednesday 29 April 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Baptiste Baronian and Jean-Paul Balmer.
The Panther's Claw, directed by William Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1942 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Jean-Baptiste Baronian
- Klaus Voorman: rock bassist (Manfred Mann - "Mighty Quinn").
- Jean-Paul Balmer: Swiss dancer.
- Lynda Chalker: Baroness Chalker of Wallasey English politician Minister of State for Europe.
- Rennie Fritchie: Baroness Fritchie English civil servant and academic.
- Galina Kulakova: Russian skier.
- Jews forced to wear a Jewish Star in the Netherlands and Vichy-France
- Japanese troops march into Lashio, cut off Burma Road.
- WWII: An explosion at a chemical factory in Tessenderlo, Belgium leaves 200 dead and 1,000 injured.
- May ndash Operation Pluto: The plan to construct oil pipelines under the English Channel between England and France is tested in the River Medway.