Friday 29 March 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ronald Farrow and Jean-Pierre Denis.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1946 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Ronald Farrow: Radio producer / priest.
- Jean-Pierre Denis: French film director and screenwriter.
- James Boyle: Scottish broadcaster.
- Paul Herman: American actor.
- Richard Holmes: English soldier and historian (d. 2011).
- Billy Thorpe: English-Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs) (d. 2007)
- Rigo Tovar: Mexican singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2005)
- Bruce Weber: American fashion photographer
- Dennis Wolfberg: Comedian (Quantum Leap), dies from cancer at 48
- Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico, one of Mexico's leading universities, is founded.
- The Gold Coast has an African majority in its parliament.
- A 14-meter high tsunami strikes Hilo and Laupāhoehoe on the Big Island of Hawaii 173 are killed, thousands injured.
- The Malayan Union is formed.
- Singapore becomes a Crown colony.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 March 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- Phil Harris - The Darktown Poker Club
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?