Friday 29 March 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 29, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ronald Farrow and Henry Paulson.
Murder in the Music Hall, directed by John English, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1946 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Henry Paulson: Public Servant.
- Ronald Farrow: Radio producer / priest.
- Jean-Pierre Denis: French film director and screenwriter.
- James Boyle: Scottish broadcaster.
- Paul Herman: American actor.
- Richard Holmes: English soldier and historian (d. 2011).
- Billy Thorpe: English-Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs) (d. 2007).
- Rigo Tovar: Mexican singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2005).
- Bruce Weber: American fashion photographer.
- Dennis Wolfberg: Comedian (Quantum Leap), dies from cancer at 48.
- Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico, one of Mexico's leading universities, is founded.
- The Gold Coast has an African majority in its parliament.
- A 14-meter high tsunami strikes Hilo and Laupāhoehoe on the Big Island of Hawaii 173 are killed, thousands injured.
- The Malayan Union is formed.
- Singapore becomes a Crown colony.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Perry Como - Prisoner of Love
- Seems Like Old Times - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- I'm A Big Girl Now - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra