Sunday 29 December 1929US date format: 12/29/1929, UK date format: 29/12/1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 29, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Colman Mockler and Ugo Pozzan.
Chasing Rainbows, directed by Charles Reisner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1929 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Colman Mockler: American executive and CEO in charge of Gillette Corporation.
- Ugo Pozzan: Italian soccer/football player and coach.
- Jacques Loit: France sport Champion.
- Matt Murphy: American guitarist (The Blues Brothers).
- Wilhelm Maybach: German engineer and industrialist who was the chief designer of the first Mercedes automobiles (1900–01).
- Police arrest Sukarno and 100s PNI-leaders
- The All India Congress in Lahore demands Indian independence.