Wednesday 29 November 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gennadiy Volnov and Domenico Monardo.
Destry Rides Again, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 November 1939 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Gennadiy Volnov: USSR -- Basketball player (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Domenico Monardo: American record producer.
- Meco : American trombonist and producer.
- Peter Bergman: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Philipp Scheidemann: German Social Democratic politician who, without party or government authorization, on Nov.
- Cor Klint swims world record 200 m backstroke (2:38.8)
- USSR drops diplomatic relations with Finland
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?