Wednesday 30 April 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-André Périssol and Leslie Grantham.
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Moneyman by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kraft Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1947!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 April 1947 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Leslie Grantham: British homicide and actor involved in some of the highest-rating appearances on "EastEnders," February 1985 until his last episode in February 1989.
- Pierre-André Périssol
- Robert Scott: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Virginia).
- Tom K?hlert: Danish footballer.
- Manousos Manousakis: Greek director and producer.
- Paul Fiddes: English theologian and academic.
- Finn Kalvik: Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Tom Køhlert: Danish footballer and manager.
- Mats Odell: Swedish economist and politician Swedish Minister for Financial Markets.
- Boulder Dam in Colorado, USA, renamed Hoover Dam in honor of Herbert Hoover.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?