Wednesday 30 April 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie Grantham and Pierre-André Périssol.
Dishonored Lady, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Birthday Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1947 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Pierre-André Périssol
- Leslie Grantham: British homicide and actor involved in some of the highest-rating appearances on "EastEnders," February 1985 until his last episode in February 1989.
- Jim Ryun: Athlete.
- Robert Scott: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Virginia).
- Tom K?hlert: Danish footballer.
- Manousos Manousakis: Greek director and producer.
- Yusef Komunyakaa: Poet.
- Finn Kalvik: Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Tom Køhlert: Danish footballer and manager.
- Mats Odell: Swedish economist and politician Swedish Minister for Financial Markets.
- Paul Fiddes: English theologian and academic.
- Johnny Miller: Athlete.
- Boulder Dam in Colorado, USA, renamed Hoover Dam in honor of Herbert Hoover.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?