Tuesday 30 December 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerome Theisen and Anthony Benik.
Amerikanka, directed by Leo Esakya, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Myndell Louis (1931 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1930 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Jerome Theisen: Benedictine.
- Anthony Benik: American spiritualist minister who was a seminary student prior to entering Navy service.
- Roy Calne: English surgeon and academic.
- Red Rhodes: American guitarist (First National Band) (d. 1995).
- Tu Youyou: Chinese chemist and pharmacist Nobel Prize laureate.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?