Monday 30 November 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 30, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Brahic and Rafael Andia.
Random Harvest, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1942 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- André Brahic: French physicist and astronomer who, in 1984, discovered the rings of Neptune, five years before they were photographed by Voyager 2. He has a bad opinion about astrology.
- Rafael Andia: French guitarist, composer and editorial director, who has widely contributed to the renewal of baroque guitar, particularly through the complete works of Robert de Visée.
- 109 U-boats sunk this month (729,000 ton)
- 30th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Hurricanes defeats Winnipeg Bombers, 8-5
- Bill Terry resigns as supervisor of New York Giants minor league system
- German scout ship Altmark explode and sinks off Yokohama
- World War II: Guadalcanal Campaign: Battle of Tassafaronga -- A smaller squadron of Japanese destroyers led by Raizo Tanaka defeats a US cruiser force under Carleton H. Wright.