Monday 31 August 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 31, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Basehart .
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1914 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Richard Basehart: American stage actor in the '30s who made his Broadway debut in 1938.
- 24.8 cm rainfall at Bloomingdale, Michigan (state record)
- General von Kluck decides not to attack Paris
- German troops reconquer Soldau / Neidenburg East-Prussia
- Germany defeats Russia (battle at Tannenberg / 30,000 Russians die)
- Australia enters the First World War.
- St. Petersburg, Russia changes its name to ''Petrograd''.
- The last known passenger pigeon ampquotMarthaampquot dies in the Cincinnati Zoo.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Happy Tho' Married - Fred Duprez
- Love Has Wings - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns