Saturday 22 June 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 22, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maryse Gildas and Esther Rantzen.
Gaslight, directed by Thorold Dickinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1940 ?
- Maryse Gildas
- Esther Rantzen: British TV personality and producer, entering the industry in 1965.
- Abbas Kiarostami: Author / director (Under the Olive Trees, Close Up).
- Charles Harvey: British astrologer, teacher, organizer, author, researcher and counselor, an integral part of British astrology for more than 30 years.
- Joan Busfield: English sociologist psychologist and academic.
- Hubert Chesshyre: English historian and author.
- France falls to Nazi Germany; armistice signed, France disarms
- SS rounds up 31 German / Polish / Dutch Jews in Roermond Neth
- France is forced to sign the Second Compiegne armistice with Germany.