August 1911 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in August 1911.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on August 1911: find out below
Which were the important events of August 1911?
- 01 Aug 1911 Omar N Bradley (18) begins education in West Point
- 08 Aug 1911 Public Law 62-5 sets the number of representatives in the United States House of Representatives at 435. The law would come into effect in 1913.
- 10 Aug 1911 Parliament Act reduces power of House of Lords.
- 14 Aug 1911 General Leconte appointed temporary President of Haiti
- 15 Aug 1911 Procter and Gamble unveils its Crisco shortening
- 19 Aug 1911 New York Giant Christy Mathewson loses after beating Reds 22 straight times
- 22 Aug 1911 Vincenzo Perugia steals Mona Lisa from Louvre, Paris
- 23 Aug 1911 British Premier Asquith holds secret meeting about British strategy in case of war with Germany
- 27 Aug 1911 Chicago White Sox Ed Walsh no-hits Boston, 5-0.
- 28 Aug 1911 45.7 cm rainfall at St. George, Georgia (state record)
- 29 Aug 1911 Ishi, considered the last Native American to make contact with European Americans, emerges from the wilderness of northeastern California.
American actress and noted comedienne...
American actor who made over 70 films in...
Mexican actor and comedian, Mexico's...
French actress who died on 24 August...
- See more
Which were the top hits in August 1911?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- George M. Cohan - Life's a Funny Proposition, After All
- Marguerite Dunlap - Mighty Lak' a Rose
- Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson - Love is Like a Red, Red Rose
- Walter Van Brunt - That Was Before I Met You (solo version)
- Nora Bayes & Jack Norworth - Turn Off Your Light, Mr. Moon Man