Tuesday 1 August 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pericle Felici and Anna Bergman.
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1911 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Pericle Felici: Italian ecclesiastic, a R.C.
- Kenneth Norman Joseph Loveless: Priest folk musician.
- Anna Bergman: American astrologer who lived in Venice, CA and joined AFA in 12/1961.
- André Guinier: French physicist who did important work in the field of X-ray diffraction and solid-state physics.
- Jackie Ormes: American journalist and cartoonist (d. 1985).
- Omar N Bradley (18) begins education in West Point
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Love is Like a Red, Red Rose - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Marguerite Dunlap
- Life's a Funny Proposition, After All - George M. Cohan