Monday 7 August 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include R Nicholas Ray and Nicholas Ray.
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while Queed Henry by Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1911 ?
- R Nicholas Ray: Galesville, Wisconsin -- Director (Rebel Without a Cause).
- Nicholas Ray: American actor, and director famed for "Johnny Guitar," 1954, "The Lusty Men," 1954, "Rebel Without a Cause," 1955 and "King of Kings," 1961.
- István Bibó: Hungarian lawyer and politician (d. 1979).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Life's a Funny Proposition, After All - George M. Cohan
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Marguerite Dunlap
- Love is Like a Red, Red Rose - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?