Wednesday 23 August 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 23, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Dolmetsch and Albert Alberts.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Barry O'Neil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1911 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Albert Alberts: Writer / journalist (French battle).
- Carl Dolmetsch: Director (Haslemere Festival).
- Elizabeth "Betty" Robinson: US 100m sprinter (1928 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- A Alberts: Dutch civil servant, writer, translator and journalist.
- Jean Breton: France Actor.
- Jacques Reignier: La Fl?che physician.
- Birger Ruud: Norway -- 90m ski jumper (1932, 36 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- British Premier Asquith holds secret meeting about British strategy in case of war with Germany
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- By the Saskatchewan - Reinald Werrenrath & Haydn Quartet
- All Alone - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Selections from The Pink Lady - Prince's Orchestra