December 1906 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in December 1906.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on December 1906: find out below
Which were the important events of December 1906?
- 02 Dec 1906 , the first all-big-gun warship, is commissioned.
- 04 Dec 1906 Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., the first intercollegiate Greek-letter fraternity in the United States established for men of African descent, was founded at Cornell University.
- 09 Dec 1906 New York American reports Belgian King Leopold II bribed US Senate commission on the Congo.
- 10 Dec 1906 President Theodore Roosevelt (1st American) awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- 11 Dec 1906 US President Roosevelt attacks abuses in the Congo.
- 12 Dec 1906 Oscar Straus, first Jewish cabinet member, appointed Secretary of Commerce.
- 14 Dec 1906 The first German Imperial Navy submarine, ''U-1'' (launched on August 4), is commissioned.
- 15 Dec 1906 The London Underground's Great Northern, Piccadilly and Brompton Railway opens.
- 20 Dec 1906 Venezuela (under Vice-President Gomez) attacks Dutch fleet.
- 24 Dec 1906 Reginald A Fessenden became 1st to broadcast music over radio (Mass)
- 26 Dec 1906 The world's first feature film, ''The Story of the Kelly Gang'', is released.
- 28 Dec 1906 Ecuador adopts its constitution.
- 30 Dec 1906 Iran becomes a constitutional monarchy.
French runner (d. 1973).
French philosopher and member of the...
Argentinian -Spanish actress and singer...
- See more
Which were the top hits in December 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Arthur Pryor's Band - On the Rocky Road to Dublin
- Henry Burr - All Through the Night
- Vess Ossman - Sunflower Dance
- Bert Williams - Let it Alone
- Ada Jones - It's All Right in the Summertime