Thursday 6 December 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 6, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Otto Preminger and Agnes Moorehead.
A Crazy Composer, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1906 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Otto Preminger: Director.
- Agnes Moorehead: Clinton, Massachusetts -- Actress (Endora-Bewitched).
- Antoon Spinoy: Belgian politician.
- Leonid Brezhnev: The General Secretary of the Central Committee (CC) of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (CPSU), presiding over the country from 1964 until his death in 1982.