Sunday 9 December 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Freddy Martin and Greet Koeman.
The Magic Flute, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1906 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Freddy Martin: Cleveland, Ohio -- Orchestra leader (started Merv Griffin).
- Greet Koeman: Dutch singer.
- Grace Hooper: American computer scientist and United States Navy rear admiral.
- Grace Hopper: American admiral and computer scientist designed COBOL (d. 1992).
- Ferdinand Brunetiere: French writer and critic (Born 1849).
- New York American reports Belgian King Leopold II bribed US Senate commission on the Congo.