Sunday 30 December 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 30, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sally Marr and Carol Reed.
The Mysterious Retort, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 December 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1906 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Sally Marr: American dancer and comedienne, the mother of comedian Lenny Bruce.
- Carol Reed: English film producer and director (Born 1906).
- Johan A Earl von Kielmansegg: German General / Commandant NATO-Europe.
- Sergey Korolev: The lead Soviet rocket engineer and spacecraft designer in the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union during the 1950s and 1960s.
- Jean Laurent: France sport Champion.
- Iran becomes a constitutional monarchy.
- The All India Muslim League is founded in Dacca, East Bengal, British India Empire, which later laid down the foundations of Pakistan.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1906 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Would You Leave Your Happy Home for Me? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Moon Has His Eyes on You - Ada Jones
- Jimmie and Maggie at the Ball Game - Len Spencer & Ada Jones