Thursday 13 December 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurens jan van der Post and Princess Marina.
while Lady Baltimore by Owen Wister was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1906 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Laurens jan van der Post: Soldier / explorer / conservationist.
- Princess Marina: Duchess of Kent (d. 1968).
- Ingemar Liljefors: composer.
- Concha Piquer: Spanish singer and actress, sometimes billed as Conchita Piquer.
- Laurens Van Der Post: British-South African writer, farmer, explorer, ethnologist, journalist, war hero, philosopher, humanitarian, conservationist, African expeditionary and guru-mystic who served as an advisor to British heads of state and other political leaders.
- Marina: Princess of Greece / Denmark / Dutchess of Kent, dies at 61
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- All Through the Night - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?