Thursday 13 December 1906US date format: 12/13/1906, UK date format: 13/12/1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurens Van der Post and Princess Marina.
The Witch, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1906 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Laurens Van der Post
- Princess Marina: Duchess of Kent (d. 1968).
- Ingemar Liljefors: composer.
- Laurens jan van der Post: Soldier / explorer / conservationist.
- Laurens Van Der Post: British-South African writer, farmer, explorer, ethnologist, journalist, war hero, philosopher, humanitarian, conservationist, African expeditionary and guru-mystic who served as an advisor to British heads of state and other political leaders.
- Marina: Princess of Greece / Denmark / Dutchess of Kent, dies at 61.
- Concha Piquer: Spanish singer and actress, sometimes billed as Conchita Piquer.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1906 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's All Right in the Summertime - Ada Jones
- Let it Alone - Bert Williams
- Sunflower Dance - Vess Ossman