Thursday December 13, 1906
US date format: 12/13/1906, UK date format: 13/12/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 13, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Laurens Van der Post and Princess Marina.
The Witch, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 13, 1906?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 13, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vess Ossman - Sunflower Dance
- Bert Williams - Let it Alone
- Ada Jones - It's All Right in the Summertime