Monday December 24, 1906, Christmas Eve
US date format: 12/24/1906, UK date format: 24/12/1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see zodiac on December 24, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include James Hadley Chase and John Walker.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jimmie and Maggie at the Ball Game by Len Spencer & Ada Jones.
The Mysterious Retort, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movie released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 24, 1906?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Reginald A Fessenden became 1st to broadcast music over radio (Mass)
- In Massachusetts, USA, Reginald Fessenden transmits the first radio broadcast, consisting of a poetry reading, a violin solo, and a speech.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 24, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Jimmie and Maggie at the Ball Game
- Ada Jones - The Moon Has His Eyes on You
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Would You Leave Your Happy Home for Me?
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on December 24, 1906?
On December 24, 1906 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is December 24, 1906?
On December 24, 1906 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on December 24, 1906?
On December 24, 1906 the US President was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on December 24, 1906?
On December 24, 1906 the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal).
Who was the Pope on December 24, 1906?
On December 24, 1906 Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on December 24, 1906?
On December 24, 1906 several famous people were born including, James Hadley Chase, John Walker, Fritz Borgnis.