Wednesday 19 December 1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leonid I Brezhnev and H Allen Smith Illinois.
The Story of the Kelly Gang, directed by Charles Tait, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Jane Cable by George Barr McCutcheon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1906 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Leonid I Brezhnev: Ukraine -- 1st Secretary of the USSR (1964-82).
- H Allen Smith Illinois: humorist/author (Armchair Detective, Low Man on the Totem Pole, Rhubarb).
- Edmond Corajod: Chamonix physician.
- Leonid Brezhnev: Ukrainian-Russian marshal engineer and politician 4th Head of State of the Soviet Union (d. 1982).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1906 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let it Alone - Bert Williams
- It's All Right in the Summertime - Ada Jones
- Sunflower Dance - Vess Ossman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?