January 1922 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in January 1922.
The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on January 1922: find out below
Which were the important events of January 1922?
- 09 Jan 1922 KQV-AM in Pittsburgh PA begins radio transmissions
- 10 Jan 1922 Arthur Griffith is elected President of the Irish Free State.
- 11 Jan 1922 First use of insulin to treat diabetes in a human patient.
- 12 Jan 1922 The British government releases the remaining Irish prisoners captured in the War of Independence.
- 13 Jan 1922 WHA-AM in Madison WI begins radio transmissions
- 15 Jan 1922 Irish Free State forms; Michael Collins becomes first premier.
- 19 Jan 1922 Geological survey says US oil supply would be depleted in 20 years.
- 24 Jan 1922 Lehman Caves National Monument established.
- 26 Jan 1922 Italian forces occupy Misrata in Libya. The reconquest of Libya begins.
- 28 Jan 1922 J E Clair turns Green Bay franchise back to NFL.
- 29 Jan 1922 Union of Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador dissolved.
- 30 Jan 1922 World Law Day, first celebrated.
American actress, refreshingly open, focused and patient who found great popularity on network TV from 1952 and is best known for the 1985...
American actor singer and director (d. 1994).
American artist, a figure painter who began to make a mark in the early 1950s as a figurative painter.
- See more
British South pole explorer (Endurance), dies at 47.
Colonel, dies at 58 in Lagos, Nigeria.
XV (Born 1854).
dies at age 71.
- See more