Thursday 26 January 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Bentine and Roger Remery.
Felix Saves the Day, directed by Otto Messmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1922 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Michael Bentine: British comedian, a member of the famous Goons show, a music and sketches ensemble which began in 1951 on radio.
- Sean Flanagan: Irish Gaelic footballer and politician (d. 1993).
- Roger Remery: Seveux EXecutives.
- Seán Flanagan: Irish footballer and politician 7th Irish Minister for Health (d. 1993).
- Ellen Vogel: Dutch actress (d. 2015).
- Luigi Denza composer: dies at age 75.
- Italian forces occupy Misrata in Libya. The reconquest of Libya begins.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Wonder if You Still Care for Me - Charles Hart
- Wabash Blues - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Al Jolson - April Showers
- Ten Little fingers and Ten Little Toes (Down in Tennessee) - Irving Kaufman