Tuesday 3 January 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Siegmund Nissel and Ronald Smith.
Foolish Wives, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1922 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Siegmund Nissel: German musician who specialized in the art of the violin.
- Morten Nielsen: Denmark -- Poet / resistance fighter.
- Ronald Smith: British pianist (d. 2004).
- Bodo Issel-Koppenhofer: Germany Actor.
- Bill Travers: Newcastle-on-Tyne, England -- Actor (Born Free, Gorgo).
- 1st living person identified on a US coin (Thomas E Kirby) on the Alabama Centennial half-dollar