Saturday 7 January 1922, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 7, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Rampal and Vincent Gardenia.
Foolish Wives, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1922 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Jean-Pierre Rampal: French flutist whose work brought the flute into prominence as a concert instrument, showing its versatility as a solo instrument as well.
- Jean-Pierre [Louis] Rampal: Marseilles, France -- Flautist.
- Vincent Gardenia: Naples, Italy -- Actor (All in the Family, LA Law).
- Alvin Dark: American baseball player and manager (d. 2014).
- Eric Jupp: British-born Australian composer, arranger, conductor (d. 2003).
- Antonio Scontrino composer: dies at age 71.
- Dail Eireann ratifies the Anglo-Irish Treaty by a 64-57 vote.