Saturday 7 January 1922, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Rampal and Vincent Gardenia.
Foolish Wives, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1922 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Jean-Pierre Rampal: French flutist whose work brought the flute into prominence as a concert instrument, showing its versatility as a solo instrument as well.
- Jean-Pierre [Louis] Rampal: Marseilles, France -- Flautist.
- Vincent Gardenia: Naples, Italy -- Actor (All in the Family, LA Law).
- Alvin Dark: American baseball player and manager (d. 2014).
- Eric Jupp: British-born Australian composer, arranger, conductor (d. 2003).
- Antonio Scontrino composer: dies at age 71.
- Dail Eireann ratifies the Anglo-Irish Treaty by a 64-57 vote.