Monday 9 January 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Har G and Ahmed Sekou Toure.
Foolish Wives, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1922 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Har G: Khorana India/Canada bio-chemist (Nobel Prize 1968).
- Ahmed Sekou Toure: President of Guinea (d. 1984).
- Har Khorana: Indian-American biochemist and academic Nobel laureate (d. 2011).
- Ahmed Touré: Guinean politician 1st President of Guinea (d. 1984).
- KQV-AM in Pittsburgh PA begins radio transmissions
- Rotterdam metal strike ends.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peerless Quartet - My Sunny Tennessee
- Arkansas Blues - Noble Sissle & Eubie Blake
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - Isham Jones & His Orchestra