Monday 9 January 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Har G and Ahmed Sekou Toure.
Foolish Wives, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1922 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Har G: Khorana India/Canada bio-chemist (Nobel Prize 1968).
- Ahmed Sekou Toure: President of Guinea (d. 1984).
- Har Khorana: Indian-American biochemist and academic Nobel laureate (d. 2011).
- Ahmed Touré: Guinean politician 1st President of Guinea (d. 1984).
- KQV-AM in Pittsburgh PA begins radio transmissions
- Rotterdam metal strike ends.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peerless Quartet - My Sunny Tennessee
- Arkansas Blues - Noble Sissle & Eubie Blake
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - Isham Jones & His Orchestra