Tuesday 1 January 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1929 ?
- Larry King: American playwright, journalist, and novelist, best remembered for his 1978 Tony Award-nominated play "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas," which became a long-running production on Broadway and was later turned into a feature film starring Burt Reynolds, Charles Durning and Dolly Parton.
- Raymond Chow: Hong Kong film producer co-founded Orange Sky Golden Harvest.
- Joseph Lombardo: American mafioso.
- Haruo Nakajima: Japanese actor.
- Christian Millau: French food critic and author.
- Holling Gustav Vapor: Character on Northern Exposure
- Roy Riegels runs 60 yards the wrong way with Rose Bowl fumble recovery.
- The former municipalities of Point Grey, British Columbia and South Vancouver, British Columbia are amalgamated into Vancouver.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1929 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweethearts On Parade - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Ted Weems & His Orchestra - You're the Cream in My Coffee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?