Sunday 1 June 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
The Incredible Hulk, directed by Louis Leterrier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Hollow by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coke Studio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Away: Shuffle Dungeon or Buzz!: Brain Bender.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 1 June 2008 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 June
- A large fire ravages a theme park at Universal Studios in Los Angeles, California, destroying a King Kong attraction and a set from the film Back to the Future. Over 300 firefighters fought the blaze.
- Thirteen people are killed and 14 others injured in a bus crash in Anzoátegui, Venezuela. (Xinhua)
- At least 8 people are suffocated at the Samuel K. Doe stadium in Monrovia, Liberia in a 2010 World Cup qualification match between Liberia and Gambia. (AP via CNNSI)
- The Rajasthan Royals led by Shane Warne win the first Indian Premier League cricket competition defeating the Chennai Super Kings in the final at the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai. (AAP via Fox Sports)
- The Australian Army ends its combat role in Iraq, as about 500 troops withdraw from Nasiriyah. (Reuters)
- Voters in the Bolivian departments of Beni and Pando go to the polls for autonomy referendums. (AP via CNN)
- A large fire breaks out at Universal Studios Hollywood in Los Angeles. There was at least one explosion. (Sky News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?