Tuesday 24 June 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Viva La Vida by Coldplay.
WALL·E, directed by Andrew Stanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 24 June 2008 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 June
- Representing Pope Benedict XVI, Colombian Cardinal Darío Castrillón Hoyos is pressing the traditionalist Society of St. Pius X to accept five conditions, including respect for the pope and his authority, as part of a reconciliation offer. (The New Liturgical Movement)
- Plans are unveiled for the world's first swirling skyscraper in Dubai, with each floor rotating up to once an hour to form an ever-changing profile on the skyline. (Reuters)
- A bomb at an office building in Baghdad kills eight people and injures 10. The U.S. military blames the attack on rogue members of Shia Muslim militias. The attack is believed to be a suicide bombing, but the U.S. military is investigating allegations that a bomb was planted in the building. (BBC News)
- The National Assembly of Niger votes to try former Prime Minister Hama Amadou on graft charges. (Reuters)
- Franz Josef Jung, the German Minister of Defence, announces plans to commit a thousand extra troops to Afghanistan. (Reuters)
- 2008 Pacific typhoon season: Typhoon Fengshen in the Philippines
- Divers see bodies in the wreck of the MV ''Princess of the Stars'' off the coast of the Philippines, but no sign of survivors. (Reuters via ''The Age'')
- Ireland's Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) says the country is in the grip of a recession for the first time in a quarter of a century. However, it predicts the economy will return to positive growth in 2009 and normal growth by 2010. (RTÉ News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?