Sunday 22 June 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
WALL·E, directed by Andrew Stanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Gumbo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Braid or Chronotron.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 22 June 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 June
- American comedian George Carlin dies of heart failure in Los Angeles, California, at age 71.
- Typhoon Fengshen hits the Philippines and capsizes the ferry ''MV Princess of the Stars'', leaving hundreds dead or missing.
- President Robert Mugabe is reelected with 85.5% of the vote in the second round of the controversial Zimbabwean presidential election.
- After three decades as the Chairman of Microsoft Corporation, Bill Gates steps down from daily duties to concentrate on philanthropy.
- The Global Anglican Future Conference, a forum for conservative bishops and leaders of the Anglican Communion, opens in Jerusalem as an alternative to the Fourteenth Lambeth Conference. (BBC News)
- Tarija Department becomes the fourth Bolivian department to vote for greater autonomy from the government of the President of Bolivia Evo Morales. (AFP via Google News)
- A female suicide bomber kills at least 16 people and injures another 40 in Baquba, Iraq. (CNN)
- Saudi Arabia offers to increase its oil production slightly at an oil summit in Jeddah. (''The New York Times'')
- Zimbabwe Electoral Crisis
- A large bus collides head-on with a smaller minibus in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, leaving nine dead. (''The International Herald Tribune'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?