Thursday 1 November 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Quo Vadis, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1951 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Fabrice Luchini: French stage and film actor, born to an immigrant Italian who had a French wife, he was a "Kid of Montmartre".
- Belita Moreno: American actress and educator.
- Craig Serjeant: Australian cricketer and chemist.
- Ronald Bell: American musician, the younger brother of Robert Bell and member of their group, Kool and the Gang.
- Top Banana opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 356 performances
- 1st atomic explosion witnessed by troops, New Mexico
- Brooklyn catcher Roy Campanella wins NL MVP
- Brooklyn Dodger catcher Roy Campanella wins 1st of his 3 NL MVP
- Jet magazine founded by John H Johnson.
- Johnny Mercers Top Banana, premieres in New York City
- First atomic explosion witnessed by troops, New Mexico, USA.
- Operation Buster-Jangle: 6,500 American soldiers are exposed to 'Desert Rock' atomic explosions for training purposes in Nevada. Participation is not voluntary.
- The first military exercises for nuclear war, with infantry troops included, are held in the Nevada desert.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?