Tuesday 2 June 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Good-for-Nothing, directed by George Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 2 June 1914 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the important events of 2 June 1914 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
See other famous people born on 02 June
- Glenn Curtiss flies his Langley Aerodrome.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1914?
- Science: Science vol. 39 issue 1013
- Science: Science vol. 39 issue 1012
- Science: Science vol. 39 issue 1011
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
A classic fiction novel by Harold Bell Wright, featuring a maiden in distress, an artist, a hero, and several secrets.
After the death of her mother, young Pollyanna is sent to live with her wealthy but strict Aunt Polly. The pair don't immediately see eye to eye; but through her optimistic, sunny nature, Pollyanna is determined to find the good ...
With few exceptions, the incidents recorded in these pages take place in one of the largest cities of the United States of America, and of that portion called the Middle West,—a city once conservative and provincial, and rather proud of ...
This scarce antiquarian book is a facsimile reprint of the original. Due to its age, it may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages.
Tell the world why 2 June 1914 is such a special date for you!