Monday 23 July 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Bourne Legacy, directed by Tony Gilroy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 23 July 2012 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 July
- Syrian uprising (2011–present):
- Syria Foreign Ministry spokesman Jihad Makdissi declares that Syria has stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons and that it plans to use them in case of a foreign attack, but never against its own citizens. (AP via ABC News)
- One hundred and three people are killed in attacks across Iraq. (AP via ''Los Angeles Times'')
- Fighting between indigenous tribes and Muslim settlers in Assam, northeast India kills at least 19 people, causing 50,000 people to flee. (''Times of India'')
- The Olympic torch features in a special live section of the British soap ''EastEnders'' when actor Perry Fenwick, in character as Billy Mitchell, carries it through the fictional London borough of Walford as part of the 2012 Olympic torch relay. (BBC)
- Talks between Apple and Samsung aimed at resolving patent law disputes deadlock over a dispute over the valuation of each other's patents. (Reuters)
- After the heaviest rains in 60 years kill 37 in Beijing, 9 million microblog users criticise the government for the lack of warning and poor infrastructure. (Reuters)
- Forest fires in Catalonia, Spain kill four people, with fires also in France, Portugal and Romania. (''Romania Insider'')
- James Eagan Holmes, the suspect of the 2012 Aurora shooting, makes his first court appearance. (''The New York Times'')
- Sally Ride, the first American female astronaut, dies of pancreatic cancer at the age of 61. Her obituary acknowledges her 27-year relationship with a woman. (CNN)
- The NCAA announces severe penalties against Penn State's football program as a result of the school's child sex abuse scandal. (ESPN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?