Thursday 5 July 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Girl with Hyacinths, directed by Hasse Ekman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Darker by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jaffa Factory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CSR Racing or Endless Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 5 July 2012 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 July
- Syrian uprising (2011–present)
- The bodies of two Turkish pilots of a F-4 Phantom jet shot down by Syria on 22 June 2012 are recovered in the Mediterranean Sea. (CNN)
- It is reported by Syrian Security apparatus that Manaf Tlass, a senior officer in the Syrian Republican Guard and a son of Mustafa Tlas, fled to Turkey with his wife. (''The Guardian'')
- Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari declares that al Qaida insurgents are streaming out of Iraq to carry out attacks in Syria. (''The Washington Post'')
- The Shard, the tallest building in Europe and the tallest habitable free-standing structure in the UK at 309.6 metres (1,016 ft), is officially opened. (''Gulf Times)
- Libor inter-bank lending rate
- Moody's and Standard and Poor's lower their rating for Barclays from stable to negative in the wake of the Libor scandal. (BBC)
- MPs vote for a government proposal to establish a Parliamentary Committee to investigate the scandal, but an opposition motion for a judge-led inquiry is rejected. (BBC)
- The central banks of the European Union, Great Britain, and the People's Republic of China, in what appears to be a co-ordinated action, each loosen their respective monetary systems. (Reuters)
- Torrential rain in Northern Ireland causes flooding in the towns of Newry and Newcastle in County Down. (BBC)
- France's Bureau of Investigation and Analysis issues its final report on the crash of Air France Flight 447, determining that a series of errors by pilots and a failure to react to technical problems led to the disaster that killed all 228 people on board. (CNN)
- South Korea announces plans to start ampquotscientificampquot whaling of minke whales at a meeting of the International Whaling Commission in Panama City. (BBC)
- A high-ranking drug boss in the Mexican criminal group known as Gulf Cartel is apprehended in the country of Costa Rica. (Fox News)
- A recount of ballot papers in the 2012 Mexican presidential election confirms Enrique Pena Nieto of the Institutional Revolutionary Party as the winner. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?