Tuesday 10 July 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Dark Knight Rises, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 10 July 2012 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 July
- A gunman holds a parent hostage at a school in Vitry-sur-Seine, France, on the outskirts of Paris. (BBC)
- The Episcopal Church is poised to become the first major religious denomination in the United States to approve a rite for blessing gay marriages this December, just after its bishops approved such a liturgy. (''The Guardian'')
- Iran’s military continues to improve its long- and short-range ballistic missiles and other aspects of its armed forces, according to a Pentagon report to the US Congress. (Bloomberg)
- Congolese warlord Thomas Lubanga is sentenced to 14 years' imprisonment by the International Criminal Court in The Hague, Netherlands, after Lubanga's conviction of recruiting and using child soldiers and other human rights violations during the Ituri conflict on March 14. (BBC)
- A court in Jerusalem convicts the former Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert on one count of ampquotbreach of trustampquot and acquits him on two fraud counts. (Al Jazeera)
- A New Zealand court delays hearings on the extradition of Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom to the United States until 2013 due to concerns about the search and seizure of documents. (Reuters)
- Israel releases hunger-striking Palestinian footballer and Islamic Jihad member, Mahmoud Sarsak, who was detained without formal charges since 2009 for alleged involvement in a bomb attack. (CBC)
- Eva Rausing, wife of Tetra Pak heir Hans Kristian Rausing, is found dead in west London and a man arrested in connection to her death. (BBC)
- The Russian Wikipedia goes blank for 24 hours in a protest over legislation before the State Duma that would allow the creation of a unified digital blacklist of all websites containing banned content. (RIA Novosti) (Russian Wikipedia)
- Britain's Trades Union Congress confirms the appointment of its first female General Secretary. Frances O'Grady will take up the role at the end of the year. (BBC)
- The UK's coalition government drops plans for a crucial House of Commons vote on its plans to reform the House of Lords after it faced likely defeat over the issue with as many as 100 Conservative MPs planning to oppose the plans. (BBC)
- The US city of San Bernardino becomes the third city in the state of California to file for bankruptcy protection. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Luis Garcia del Moral, Michele Ferrari, and Jose ampquotPepeampquot Marti, who were former staff members and consultants for Lance Armstrong's winning Tour de France teams, are banned for life from sports by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA). (ABC)
- The Olympic torch arrives at Windsor Castle in Berkshire, where the bearer is greeted by Queen Elizabeth II before taking off for the next leg of the torch's journey to London. (CNBC)
- South Africa cricket player Mark Boucher ends his career after sustaining an eye injury during the tour of England. (BBC)
- In baseball, the National League defeats the American League 8-0 in the All-Star Game played at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. (SB Nation)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?