Sunday 4 August 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to So Much In Love by The Tymes.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Siege of the Saxons, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1963 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Lançon Philippe: Philippe Lançon is a journalist working for the French satirical weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo, who was wounded in the terrorist attack perpetrated against that publication on 7 January 2015.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Milwaukee Jaycee Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Doris Troy - Just One Look
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?