Thursday 27 August 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1964 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Paul Bernardo: Canadian homicide; a story of degradation, sadism and terror.
- Robert Bogue: American actor and producer.
- Stephan Elliott: Australian actor director and screenwriter.
- Buena Vista premieres Disney's live-action and animated film Mary Poppins at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, USA. The film is based on the Mary Poppins books by P.L. Travers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?