Tuesday 18 August 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1964 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Edith Frost: American singer/songwriter.
- Craig Bierko: American actor and singer.
- Jim Florentine: American comedian and actor.
- Kenny Walker: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- Beatles arrive in SF, 2nd US visit
- Charles Helu elected President of Lebanon
- South Africa banned from Olympic Games because of apartheid policies
- USSR launch 3 Kosmos satellites
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 August 1964 and get them!