Wednesday 12 August 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Everybody Loves Somebody by Dean Martin.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1964 ?
Famous Birthdays:12 August
- Mickey Mantle switch-hits HR record 10th and final time in a game
- 10th time Mickey Mantle switch-hits home run in a game, one goes 502 feet.
- Race riot in Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA.
- Charlie Wilson, one of the Great Train Robbers, escapes from Winson Green Prison in Birmingham, England.
- South Africa is banned from the Olympic Games due to the country's racist policies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Jelly Beans - I Wanna Love Him So Bad
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?