Thursday 13 August 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Haughland and Debi Mazar.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Everybody Loves Somebody by Dean Martin.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1964 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Ian Haughland: heavy metal rocker (Europe - "The Final Countdown").
- Debi Mazar: American actress.
- Jay Buhner: Nassau, Texas -- Outfielder (Seattle Mariners, New York Yankees).
- Hank Cheyne: American actor.
- Ian Haugland: Swedish drummer (Europe Last Autumn's Dream and Baltimoore).
- Tom Prince: Kankakee, Illinois -- Catcher (LA Dodgers)
- 1st broadcast by Trans World Radio on Bonaire
- Murderers Gwynne Owen Evans and Peter Anthony Allen become the last people to be executed in the United Kingdom.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 August 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Jelly Beans - I Wanna Love Him So Bad
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?