Wednesday 6 May 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Desert Rats, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1953 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Alexander Akimov: Ukrainian Chernobyl worker (d. 1986).
- Michelle Courchesne: Canadian urban planner and politician Deputy Premier of Quebec.
- Ülle Rajasalu: Estonian politician.
- David Rudder: Trinidadian calypsonian.
- Tony Blair: British politician, elected Prime Minister on 5/01/1997, becoming the youngest person to fill the post in 185 years and ending a generation of Conservative rule.
- Graeme Souness: Scottish footballer and manager
- Lynn Whitfield: Movie Actress
- Lynn Whitfield in Baton Rouge: Louisiana, USA; actress (Josephine Baker, Equal Justice).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?