Wednesday 15 November 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Deja Vu, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 15 November 2006 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 November
- David K Wyatt: American historian (Born 1937).
- In the Kuril Islands, a magnitude 8.3 earthquake occurs. A tsunami with a recorded wave height of 176 cm damages a dock at Crescent City, California.
- The State of Hawaii bans smoking in all enclosed public places.
- Start of the Sales and Use Tax in Puerto Rico; a response to the Puerto Rico budget crisis of May 2006.
- General John Abizaid, head of the United States Central Command, tells the United States Senate Committee on Armed Services that he is optimistic that ampquotwe can stabilize Iraq.ampquot (CNN)
- An earthquake measuring 8.1 on the Richter scale occurs at 11:14:19 UTC on the Pacific Ocean seafloor with an epicentre 390 kilometres (244 miles) east of Etorofu island (latitude 46.7 North, longitude 153.5 East). Tsunami warnings and watches are issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center and the East Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center. After expectations of a tsunami at least 2 metres (6 feet) high, the largest wave to hit Hokkaidō measures only 40 centimetres (16 inches). (CNN)
- Joseph Kabila wins the presidential run-off election in the Democratic Republic of the Congo with 58% of the vote according to the electoral commission. His opponent Jean-Pierre Bemba claims that there were widespread instances of fraud. (BBC)
- India and Pakistan agreed today to set up a panel to combat terrorism during the first peace talks between the countries in almost a year. However, there has been no progress in the core dispute over Kashmir, the mountain region both countries claim. (The Times}
- Senator Mitch McConnell becomes the leader of the Republicans in the United States Senate. (Reuters)
- Widespread flooding is reported in East Africa especially Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia, with at least five reported dead in Mogadishu where the Shabelle and Juba rivers have burst their banks and more than 70,000 people reported displaced in total. SOS
- A patient in southern Kazakhstan has been accidentally infected with HIV. Earlier this year 79 children were accidentally infected resulting in a political scandal and the dismissal of Health Minister Yerbolat Dosayev and several lower level officials. There was another widespread infection in 2005. (RIA Novosti)
- Forests begin to revive as global devastation of trees is reversed. A new study offers hope for endangered species and climate change. (The Times)
- United States Army soldier James P. Barker pleads guilty to raping and murdering a girl in the Mahmudiyah incident in March 2006, thus avoiding a possible death sentence. BBC News
- Richard Causey, former Chief Accounting Officer at Enron is sentenced to 66 months or five and a half years in prison for his role in the collapse of the company. (Reuters)
- A building collapses under the force of a British Columbia wind storm. The storm has also prompted the evacuation of West Vancouver neighbourhoods because of the forceful gusts. (CTV)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?