Tuesday 21 November 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Deja Vu, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Artwork of the game released only in North America. or Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Dark Crusade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 21 November 2006 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 November
- Anti-Syrian Lebanese Minister and MP Pierre Gemayel is assassinated in suburban Beirut.
- Police in Sweden announce that they may have found the weapon used in the unsolved murder of prime minister Olof Palme in 1986. (BBC News)
- President of the United States George W. Bush and the Prime Minister of Iraq Nouri al-Maliki announce plans to meet next week to discuss security issues in Iraq. (AP via Fox 31 Colorado)
- Klaus Volkert, former chairman of the works council of Volkswagen, is arrested. He is suspected of attempting collusion and perfidy in the trial concerning Volkert's role in the corruption affair with the German car maker. (NDR)
- A collision between a passenger train and a freight train at Arnhem station in the Netherlands injures 31 people. The driver of the freight train, who is alleged to have ignored a red signal, is arrested by police. (Nu.nl)
- American actor and comedian Michael Richards, best known for playing character Cosmo Kramer, apologizes on the nation's ''The Late Show'' this morning after referring to two African Americans as ampquotniggersampquot at a Los Angeles area comedy club. (Newsday)
- A British mother facing the death penalty in Vietnam for heroin smuggling will not have a defence in court - because her lawyer has been put under house arrest by the Vietnamese Government. (The Times)
- Syria and Iraq restore diplomatic relations and agree to cooperate on security issues. (AFP via New Strait Times)
- Australian swimmer Ian Thorpe, winner of five Olympic, eleven World Championship, and ten Commonwealth gold medals, announces his retirement at the age of twenty-four. (The Sydney Morning Herald)
- Part of the Supreme Court of the Democratic Republic of Congo burns down during a gunfight, thereby suspending the Court's review of electoral fraud and irregularities alleged to have taken place during the contested second round of the 2006 presidential election. (IRIN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?