Tuesday 7 November 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 7 November 2006 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 November
- U.S. Midterm elections: Democrats win control of both houses of Congress for the first time since 1994.
- In the U.S. congressional elections, Minnesota Democrat Keith Ellison becomes the first Muslim elected to the House of Representatives.
- Microsoft releases the Gears of War video game for the Xbox 360 in the USA. Total worldwide sales in the first three weeks: 1 million units.
- The World Trade Organization invites Vietnam to become the WTO's 150th member. (BBC News)
- Daniel Ortega is elected President of Nicaragua in the 2006 general election, after rival candidate Eduardo Montealegre concedes defeat. (Reuters)
- After 48 rounds of voting, Panama is elected to a non-permanent seat on the United Nations Security Council. (DPA)
- José Montilla becomes the new President of the ''Generalitat'' of Catalonia, renewing the left-of-centre tripartite pact between his PSC, the pro-independence ERC and the leftist ICV-EUiA alliance after the election held on 2006-11-01. (Monsters and Critics)
- John R. Bolton, the United States Ambassador to the United Nations, claims that United States diplomat Josette Shiner has been selected to head the United Nations World Food Programme. (ABC News)
- The Democrats regain control of the United States House of Representatives. Tony Snow, the White House Press Secretary, concedes that ampquotDemocrats will have control of the Houseampquot. (ABC News Australia)
- While Democrats have gained at least 5 seats in the Senate, the majority is still unclear. In order to take control, Democrats would need to take the seat in Virginia they are leading in that state. (CNN)
- Marie Steichen wins the election as county commissioner in Jerauld County, South Dakota, beating a Republican rival by 100 votes to 64, two months after she has died of cancer. (MSNBC)
- Trial of Saddam Hussein:
- Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki states that he expects Hussein to be executed by the end of the year following conviction in his first trial, which Hussein is appealing. BBC
- Operation Autumn Clouds: The Israeli Defense Forces began to pull its troops out of the northern Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanun, Palestinian officials said. Fifty-three Palestinians, including 16 civilians, and an IDF soldier have been killed since the operation began on October 31. (Haaretz)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 November 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?